Calling all blood hounds…
Howloween can be a fun time for all the family, but can also be a stressful time for us dogs. Scary costumes, unfamiliar sights and strange sounds are enough to make us quiver! Here are my top tips for ensuring dogs and humans have a happy and safe Howloween.
- Do not keep lit pumpkins around dogs – we do not want to risk the chance of being burned, so remember to keep them safely out the way. Note: Human moved the pumpkin candle out of the way after she got the picture.
- Beware of bewitching treats for goblin down – remember trick or treat candies are not for dogs. Chocolate can be toxic to dogs.
- Take care when opening the door to trick or treaters – your dog may escape if frightened by scary costumes.
- Do not dress you dog in a costume, unless they do not mind it – avoid covering the eyes, nose and ears.
- Idle jaws are the devils work – a bored dog is a destructive dog, keep some safe toys around for your dogs to play with and chew on.
I would love to hear what you think about my Howloween safety tips – leave me a comment on the blog or twoof me @rubys_rambles on Twitter.
Have a Happy Howloween!
Ruby Dog x