Ruby’s top snow safety tips
- Never leave a dog in a cold car. This goes whether it is hot or cold.
- Keep a collar and ID tag on your dog at all times. Make sure your dog is micro-chipped and your contact details are up to date. From April 2016 it will be compulsory for all dogs in England to be micro-chipped.
- Watch out for yellow snow – chances are I made it!
- Ensure Antifreeze is kept out of reach – us dogs love the taste of it, but it is highly poisonous.
- Stay away from ponds and lakes that have frozen over. Thin ice may break under a dog’s weight.
- Have fun! I can’t make snowballs, but that does not stop me from shaking snow off my coat over the humans. They love it really!
Stay safe and have fun!
Ruby Dog x