Gearing up for a mountain trip soon? I am! The humans are busy planning for our next adventure. Here are 8 essential items to take or consider for your dog on a day out in the mountains or even just a ramble:
- Collapsible water bowl – easy to carry in a human back pack, but I find this ideal for journeys, walks and camping.
- Water – don’t forget to take your own bottles of water. It’s thirsty work going up mountains on four paws!
- Harness – the human particularly finds this useful for hauling me up on steep sections.
- Poop bags – take plenty of poop bags and always clear up after your dog. Remember there are no dog poo fairies!
- Supervision – always know where your dog is. Put a lead on your dog if you are near livestock or near steep drops.
- High visibility dog collar – pawfect for being seen, when out and about in the dark.
- Treats – of course I would have this as a number one priority, but vital to keep those energy levels up and for a reward when reaching the summit!
- Old towel – worth keeping in the back of the car, so you can dry your dog off if need be.
Read more advice for walking your dogs in the mountains by the BMC here.
What would you take on your next doggy adventure? I would love to hear what you think about my blog – leave me a comment on the blog, like me on facebook follow me on bloglovin’ or twoof me @rubys_rambles on Twitter.
Ruby Dog X